I usually don't use tabs, but windows instead with both internet
explorer and firefox and I have never run into those problems, maybe
try that instead?  Keys are different, but you get the same result,
although I don't think I have had as many as 10 open at once.

On Thu, 22 Sep 2016 02:11:17 -0400,
David via Talk wrote:

> Sorry, I thought I had stated that in the message, but I am mainly using
> Firefox. The few times I am in Internet explorer, I seem to remember the
> same behavior showing up, but will have to pay more attention in those
> cases, and will keep the list informed.
>

> When comes to Google Chrome, I only have opened it a couple of times,
> and tried it on a few webpages. Some I did not find anything more
> accessible, and others got worse than what I find to be the case with
> Firefox. Besides, I do not agree in the way Google collects your
> browsing history, and Firefox offers me a few add-ons that speed up my
> productivity - like the NoScript blocking tool. I really would hate to
> have to switch to another browser, just because our screen reader does
> no longer read the information correctly off the screen. Specially so,
> since Firefox often is the one alternative the staff members themselves
> have pointed out for us to use, when things don't work.
>

> OK, I am not in for a prolonged discussion on which browser to use. Each
> one will have to determine for himself, depending on personal
> preferences, and what your browsing includes. I just meant to tell you
> why I am with the alternative I currently am.
>

> David
>
> On 9/21/2016 6:20 PM, Kevin Huber wrote:
> > Hi David:
> >
> > What browser are you using?  I have found that problem with Google
> > Chrome, but not on Firefox or Internet Explorer.
> >
> > Kevin Huber
> >

> > On 9/21/16, David via Talk <talk@lists.window-eyes.com> wrote:
> >> This has been the case, ever since the new Browse mode was introduced.
> >> And it happens on that many sites, that it would be strange to imagine
> >> that I would be the only one struggling wwith the following issue. My
> >> browser is set to automatically maximize any window, and hitting
> >> Ctrl-Shift-T does confirm the window to be fully maximized.
> >>

> >> I would be reading a arbitrary website. It could be a newspaper article,
> >> it could be an article on Wikipedia, it might be a product page of some
> >> store, or it could be an advertisement on Ebay. Most cases all the text
> >> will come through, and my reading is just fine. But all the sudden, the
> >> screen reader cuts off the last character of each line. This is
> >> annoying, to say the least, and could even lead to quite misinterpretted
> >> text comprehension. There is, for instance, a big difference if a
> >> product costs $165, or only $16 - all depending on whether the screen
> >> reader will acknowledge the last character on the line.
> >>
> >>    I even have seen several cases, where the page mainly reads just fine,
> >> and only certain sections of the page have their characters cut off.
> >>
> >> Every time a new version of WE is released, I hope for the lost
> >> character issue to have been fixed. But so far, unfortunately the
> >> characters still go for their lunch and holiday, anywhere in cyberspace.
> >> With the more sofisticated speech synthesizers, a word with its last
> [...]

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici
         cov...@ccs.covici.com