Win-Eyes has for long been recommended nothing under 2GB of RAM. I have
been using Win7 Home Edition on a netbook with 1.3GHZ and 2GB RAM, and
it is doable, though not exactly the speed you want for everyday usage.
Yet changing the Hard Disk with an SSD, might be one way to speed up things.

Still, a CPU much under 1.6GHZ, is not adviceable in my opinion - at
least if this is meant to be your primary workstation. And in general,
these days, the more RAM, the better.

David