Hi:

I can say, having been through a "merger" which really was an acquisition,
there are things that take time to sort out.  Many times, these things are
done just to get the customer base of the company that was a competitor.

One of my friends who was in a company that was acquired, told me how the
employees of the acquiring company were under strict orders not to talk to
employees of the company they were acquiring.  This was, at least partially,
due to the fact that the acquiring company was not unionized, whereas the
company being acquired had been unionized.

Now, we can tell some communication is going on, but, at what level, and
with whom, we do not know.

At any rate, these things are usually not pleasant to go through, especially
when you are part of the company being acquired by a larger one.  And, it is
possible that any AI Squared employees monitoring this list may, themselves,
not be totally aware of what is being talked about at a higher level.  Those
still involved with Window-Eyes may be just as worried as anyone, but, may
not be able to talk about what they know, or suspect.  If this is the case,
ranthing about the unfairness of it all on this list may only be seen by
folks just as worried as you are, maybe more.

Like others, I feel the best thing is to try our best to let VFO management
know how we feel.

Also, just remember, Window-Eyes has not gone away, yet.  You can still
download the WE For Office version, and, updates are still being delivered.
I suspect there are Lease-To-Own customers to think about.  Also, can they
just pull the product without giving advanced notice to MicroSoft, since, I
am sure, some kind of contract had to be entered into with MicroSoft?

There are so many things we just do not know.

And, think about this:  Any decline in the Window-Eyes user-base, because of
negative talk will probably end up putting the final nail in the proverbial
coffin.

So, spread the word.  There's still a great alternative for JFW that won't
break the bank.  While the WE for Office option is still out there, the more
users, the better.  And, if you have downloaded Window-Eyes for Office, be
sure to register your product.  That will be more evidence of a user-base
that is still growing.