I would be interested in knowing what the status of Window-Eyes is?

The reason I ask, I understand there will be a major update to windows 10 in
April.  Will Window-Eyes work with it?

-----Original Message----- From: Vaughan Dodd via Talk
Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2017 11:15 AM
To: 'David' ; 'Window-Eyes Discussion List'
Subject: RE: All phone calls now directed to VFO

I agree with much of what David has said below, but it seems to me that VFO could still be much more up front and direct about the changes being implemented and VFO's expectation that such changes will be beneficial to all of its customers. Some corporate generated "spin" would be helpful.

It is confusing to mere mortals who have paid for our Window-Eyes to read comments about dealers being withdrawn, but when I look here in New Zealand, I notice that VFO has two dealers, but neither of them historically at least deals with all products. And in fact - I have an optelec braille display, purchased through a dealer who is not VFO. So to whom has my Window-eyes record gone if I want support - which I don't and never get anyway? VFO as the front for Freedom Scientific has discouraged direct contact from customers outside of the U.S., whereas after much discussion I did have direct contact with the old GW Micro and the more recent AI Squared. What happens if my Optelec product needs to be serviced? So whilst mergers, takeovers, buy-outs etc inevitably bring changes as to how things are done, finding out through users being surprised at what they discover is simply bad public relations. Regarding Window-eyes and my braille display: VFO still fronts Freedom Scientific far more vigourously than it does AI Squared and Optelec. Given this - my uninformed, speculative logic indicates to me that perhaps Alva displays will be discontinued in preference to Focus displays, and that Window-Eyes will compete with NVDA as a free product, (but please donate if you like it) and so forth. VFO's wall of death silence contributes to our uninformed speculation.

Finally: why do we rant about this when VFO is not even having the decency of responding with at least some reassuring words prepared at great expense by the marketing and public relations team?

My answer: we just like talking to ourselves and venting, which is the alternative to much more destructive courses of action.

Vaughan.