Matthew,

Am I correct in assuming, you happen to be from the North-Americas? Then
it is likely you got your hard-copy installation disk quickly. But for
oversea users, the lengthy delivery time, has long been an issue. Not
sure if the oversea disks will have to be requested from the local
dealers, who then will have to wait for some downloadable from VFO, and
then burn it to a disk and ship it out. Or, maybe VFO in the USA has to
burn and ship the disk to the dealer, who then ships it to you locally.
All I know, is that in my case, we have had to order the hard-copy disk
from the local dealer, and it sure takes weeks for it to arrive. If I
want a downloadable, I have to manually request it from either the
dealer or the VFO directly, and even then it takes a few days before I
can get the link - which, like Vaughan pointed out, has a rather limited
time-scope for downloading.