Hi Nick:

Like you, there was a time, not too long ago, when I was determined
not to buy an IPhone or an IPad, in fact, I used to refer to all
IDevices as "OICrap".  A couple of years ago, however, I got an
IPhone.  I became convinced that that was the way to go, especially
since I commute to work on the bus.  Anyway, I read as much as I could
about the device before I got it.  There is a verry good resource
called Applevis.com which has a lot of information on all Apple
products.  Anyway, my IPhone is still working well and I am still
enjoying it.

Kevin Huber

On 3/17/17, Nick Sarames via Talk <talk@lists.window-eyes.com> wrote:
> Without veering too much off topic, is there some preliminary advice you
> can give for trying to learn how to navagate a touch screen? Full
> disclosure, I'm a button man.
>
> On 3/17/2017 9:34 AM, Russ Kiehne via Talk wrote:
>> I was one of lthose who thought I would never want a touch screen
>> device.  I started llistening to a podcast about the ipod touch.  The
>> more I listened, I said to myself, I want one.  I was amazed with what
>> Apple  did with accessibility on a touch screen device.  So in 2010, I
>> bought a ipod touch 4th generation and Haven't looked back.  I like the
>> fact I can buy a off the shelf device and do everything I would do with
>> a specialized player and a whole lot ;more.
>>
>> -----Original Message----- From: Butch Bussen
>> Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2017 10:11 AM
>> To: Russ Kiehne ; Window-Eyes Discussion List
>> Cc: Reeva Webb ; Dennis Long
>> Subject: Re: Failure to hold VFO to account
>>
>> I understand that.  And that is great, for you.  I just can't deal with
>> touch screens.  Give me buttons to push.  As I said in an earlier note,
>> the same solution isn't for everyone.  You guys and your i whatevers
>> think they solve the world's access problems.  Perhaps for some they do.
>>  I can't figure out how to run my IPod.
>> 73
>> Butch
>> WA0VJR
>> Node 3148
>> Wallace, ks.
>>

>> On Thu, 16 Mar 2017, Russ Kiehne
>> via Talk wrote:
>>
>>> In my case, my ipad mini 4 has taken the place of my victor reader
>>> stream first generation, Booksense standard and plextalk pocket.  It
>>> has more volume, better battery life and better sound.  It does
>>> everything they do and a lot more.
>>>
>>> -----Original Message----- From: Reeva Webb via Talk
>>> Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 11:54 PM
>>> To: Window-Eyes Discussion List ; Dennis Long
>>> Subject: RE: Failure to hold VFO to account
>>>
>>> You know, this gets me thinking esp. With the conversations I've had
>>> in the
>>> past week. We're getting what we wanted for years. We can go into a
>>> electronics store and buy a iphone, a android phone, a mac, a chromebook
>>> and soon windows computers  with accessibility out of the box. You don't
>>> have to spend extra money unless you want to.  While what is happening
>>> with
>>> zt fusion, something I spent my own money to buy makes me mad. I'm
>>> seriously considering just going fully with mainstream products. I find
>>> myself using my android devices more and pulling out my laptop less.
>>>

>>> "the world has been against you from day one, tomorrow's never promised
>>> night has just begun, so sing with me we're all fucked" Walls Of Jericho
>>>
>>> Reeva
>>>
>>> On Mar 16, 2017 1:18 AM, "Dennis Long via Talk"
>>> <talk@lists.window-eyes.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I agree with you completely!

>>> Butch