Suggestion: Buy computers that are geared towards the corporate market. My experience has been that when you buy computers that are for home use, the tech support is poor, as are the innards. By contrast, a business computer tends to have better components and better tech support. After all, most computer manufaacturers make the most money off selling computers in bulk, that is, to businesses. So, they really can't afford to screw up on them. Just my thoughts.--Matthew Chao

On 4/13/2017 11:41 AM, Van Lant, Robin via Talk wrote:
I'm also going to toss in that my Toshiba lasted just two years that completely
died.  My husband's Toshiba is maybe 4 years old and the keyboard now won't
work correctly -- something about the keyboard drivers not being compatible
with the latest Windows updates.  I'm a bit nervous about the quality of
Toshiba laptops.  Then again, a computer tech friend of mine says most laptops
for personal use are not built to last more than a few years.  I miss having my
desktops that easily lasted. 7-8 years or longer.

-----Original Message-----
From: Talk [mailto:talk-bounces+robin_van_lant=key....@lists.window-eyes.com]
On Behalf Of Jo Taliaferro via Talk
Sent: Wednesday, April 12, 2017 3:53 PM
To: Chris G; Window-Eyes Discussion List
Subject: Re: gun shy about new laptop

Hello, on a similar note, I have been reading up on to Sheba and some of the
losses that have occurred because of various things like bad management, etc.
How risky is it now, to buy a to Shiba computer for business purposes question
does anyone have a clue after hearing Jonathan Moseman's podcast in November
2016 question thank you, I have liked to Shiba in the past but wonder if I
couldn't get a business computer and still have the portability that I like?
Thank you so much.

Jo Taliaferro

On Apr 12, 2017, at 11:53 AM, Chris G via Talk <talk@lists.window-eyes.com>