I'm not altogether optimistic about the future of Window-Eyes, but at the same time I'm not going to stop using it unless I absolutely have to. As for this supposed offer of free copies of JFW for WE users I'm pretty sure it's a scam. I have a hard time imagining FS giving anyone free copies of JAWS under any circumstances. As for which screen reader I might switch to it probably wouldn't be JAWS, partly because I can't seem to download a demo of the latest version to try before I buy, but also because it's an absolute resource hog. I remember that from the twelve years I used it before switching to WE.

Focus your powers and prepare for buttle.
-----Original Message----- From: Bob Tinney via Talk
Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2017 9:07 PM
To: Window-Eyes Discussion List
Subject: Re: switch to Jaws

I'm not planning on switching to Jaws any time soon!  We works better
and takes less overhead!  And, I like the Butch timer app too!

Bob, K8LR, tinn...@charter.net

On 5/14/2017 4:47 PM, Butch Bussen via Talk wrote:
I plan to keep using window-eyes as long as it works. They're not going to make it diappear. If it gets to a point where I must switch to something else, I'll go with n v d a. I suspect window-eyes will do much of what I need it to do for some time even if they stop selling and developping it.
73
Butch
WA0VJR
Node 3148
Wallace, ks.

For membership options, visit http://lists.window-eyes.com/options.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com/bpeterson2000%40cableone.net. For subscription options, visit http://lists.window-eyes.com/listinfo.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com List archives can be found at http://lists.window-eyes.com/private.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com