From: Talk
[mailto:talk-bounces+ramona.mandy=gmail....@lists.window-eyes.com] On Behalf
Of Ian Westerland via Talk
Sent: Thursday, 25 May 2017 11:51 PM
To: Ramona Mandy via Talk <talk@lists.window-eyes.com>
Subject: Re: WE with Win 10 Mail

Hi Ramona.  I tried the program but couldn't get passed the "Add Account"
button.  From there on, nothing spoke using curser keys, or the numeric key
pad so unless there's a trick I don't know, it doesn't seem to work.

I have the latest version of WE.

My priority email program is ThunderBird and that does what I want.

Sorry for the bad news.

Regards

Ian Westerland

On 5/25/2017 8:59 AM, Ramona Mandy via Talk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My Name is Ramona mandy. I am new to this list and this is my first post.
So please excuse me if this topic has already been discussed.

> Does anyone have any experience with using WE with the Windows 10 Mail app
and can advise on accessibility or otherwise?

> I am running WE 9.5.4.
>
> I find that when I first launch Mail and Enter on the first message I
select, WE will read it fine and I can navigate and hear the text by moving
up or down arrow.

> However, if I then close that message with escape or delete it with
CTRL+D, then open another message, if I arrow up or down, it just says
blank. WE also does not read it at all when I open it.

> In this case, if I turn off browse mode and tab, I sometimes find a link
to download message and pictures which is odd because I thought the message
would already be downloaded. I enter on this and then sometimes I can launch
browse mode and read the message, but once again, not always.

> Sometimes, if the message is presenting as blank, I can turn off browse
mode and will find a link by tabbing to read the message in a web browser
which then works, but I don't want to have to always read my messages by
opening them in IE.

> I find the rest of the program is reasonably accessible such as tabbing to
buttons. It is this reading problem that I am interested to hear how others
have found it.

> Thanks
> Ramona

> List archives can be found at