Or, maybe we should all learn to use the search engines on the net. A
quick search for a term like:

     Setting up thunderbird to open in the inbox

, on Yahoo, gave me a number of results. Among them, this article, which
might be what you are looking for:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Show_Inbox_when_starting_Thunderbird

If not, try some of the other articles here:

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=setting+up+thunderbird+to+open+in+the+inbox&ei=UTF-8&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-001

Hope any of this helps you out.