Hello Tom,

Thanks for your advice, but I am still curious as to why the ability to read with the arrow keys has suddenly been removed. The same thing has happened with edit boxes on web pages, such as when I am trying to get to my gmail account on the web. To make sure I have typed my user name correctly, I have to type it in NotePad and then copy and paste it into the web page edit box.

-----Original Message----- From: Tom Kingston via Talk
Sent: Sunday, February 4, 2018 1:04 PM
To: peter Chin via Talk
Cc: Tom Kingston
Subject: Re: Problem when on websites

Peter,
:I've always done the same, just with Alt-D to go to the address bar and
then F6 to return to the page, and it works fine. I can't read the text
immediately with the arrows because it's all selected by default. So I
just press Control-C to copy it, which is the only reason I'm going
there anyway. But if I arrow back and forth a bit it will start reading
after IE catches up and deselects the URL.
For what it's worth, this is on Windows 10.
Hth,
Tom