On Mon, January 7, 2008 12:57 pm, Mattias Dalkvist wrote:
> 2008/1/7, Lambertus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
>> Mattias Dalkvist wrote:
>>
>>> I have come across several streets that are normal streets from one
>>> side and are no motor vehicles from the other side.
>>>
>>> How do one tag this types of streets?
>>>

>> On the map features page [1] a tag is given that allows cyclists to
>> access a oneway street from the restricted end (cycleway=opposite). Below
>> is an example of a such a oneway street:
>>
>> highway=unclassified oneway=yes cycleway=opposite
>>
>> [1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Map_features#Cycleway
>>

> I hade some how manages to miss that one, it sounds close enuff to what I
> need.
>
> One reservation thow, there are no signs informing that the street is
> one way, it is only one way becouse of the accress restrictions at the
> other end.

If the only restriction is an access restriction at one end, is the street
one-way?

What's to prevent someone turing round in the street and travelling in the
"wrong" way? or exiting premises on the street and travelling in the
"wrong" way?

If such a street were in the UK, then I'd not expect it to be one-way just
on the basis of an access restriction at one end.

--
David James