On Jan 10, 2008 10:32 AM, 80n <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Having multiple ways of achieving the same (or similar) results is not a bad
> thing.  Each will have it's own strengths an weaknesses.

Two points:

- There's no reason why you can't stick an admin boundary on a
natural=coastline way.
- The border of a country is not the coastline, but (at the very
least) 12 nautical miles from the coastline and in some places, much
further than that.

I have no idea boundaries for local councils, I imagine they're
responsible for the beaches in their area, so it does extend beyond
the coastline itself.

Have a nice day,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> http://svana.org/kleptog/