On Jan 12, 2008 11:32 AM, Igor Brejc <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> That would be an interesting thing to implement. It would involve
> creating a union of circles (with radius of 12 NM) and then determining
> the border of that union. If only I had the time... :)

I thin you'd approach it from the other way. Take a 12nm circle and
push it against the coastline so it touches at a point. Then "roll" it
along with the centre tracing a line, forming either an arc where it
rotates around a point, or a straight line as it slides along an edge.

Have a nice day,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> http://svana.org/kleptog/