Hi,

   for an upcoming OSM booth we have the offer of a local Apple dealer
to supply us with all the hardware we want (including 30"+ displays
and all). These would, however, be out-of-the-box Macs with those
funny keyboards and those mice without buttons you know... and they
wouldn't even let us pop an Ubuntu CD in and install a proper OS ;-)

My question to the Mac users out there: Will those Macs be suitable
for demonstrating all important aspects of OSM, i.e.

* Slippy Map (heard rumours that it runs sub-optimal on Safari,
  always loading tiles for all layers instead of current only?)
* JOSM (especially concerned about usability with 1 button mouse)
* Potlatch
* ...?

Or will I have to install countless helpers, utilities and control
panels?

I would like to accept the offer but if I end up endlessly tuning
those machines to act like normal computers then I'd rather opt for
run-down but working Linux boxes from the community instead of the
shiny Macs.

Bye
Frederik

--
Frederik Ramm  ##  eMail [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ##  N49°00'09" E008°23'33"