On Mon, Sep 01, 2008 at 07:25:12PM +0100, Tristan Scott wrote:
> surely width=0.254 given width is defined as being in metres?

says who? I use meter as I live in continental Europe.

But if I lived in the UK I would surely tag speelimits as
maxspeed:mph=50 (or maxspeed=50mph) and not as some weird converted number. Fun
if your Garmin tells you: "the maximum speed here is
49.8789598 mph". If renderers couldn't cope (not that they care about maxspeed)
I would consider it a fault of the renderer or of the preprocessor they are
using to parse the planet file.

wasn't the motto, "tag the world as it is"? well if speedlimit is 50mph, then
it is 50 mph