On Tuesday 2008-09-02, Richard Fairhurst wrote:
> spaetz wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 02, 2008 at 10:08:11AM +0100, Dave Stubbs wrote:
> >>  - and that it's possible to represent an exact mph in kph anyway if
> >> you can really be bothered: 1mile == 1.609344km exactly
> >
> > Do you always carry your calculator with you when mapping or do you
> > do it by hand :-)
>
> Slightly obscure point but I'd also add that the speed limit on UK
> dual carriageways is 70mph by statute, not 112.65408kph. Now I don't
> expect the UK Government is going to sneak in a stealth speed
> reduction by redefining a mile as 1.5km, but, well, I wouldn't put it
> past them.

hm, does that statue specify which mile they're talking about? If it
doesn't, can one interpret it as one of the longer miles (see the wikipedia
page, theres about a dozen different definitions of mile, ranging from 1.?
km to 11.? km)

For those specifying miles in osm, do you? or is everybody supposed to ass-
u-me?
--
Cheers, Cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis)