On Monday 2008-09-01, Christopher Woods wrote:
> > I guess you are not aware of the "reply all" button in
> > thunderbird which does send to the mailing list, so it's only
> > logical that "reply" does not send to the ML.
> >
> > Yes, "reply all" does send a copy directly to the author, but
> > mailman is intelligent enough so you can tell it not to send
> > dupes to people addressed directly (unless addressed by BCC,
> > in which case there is no way to tell there was a dupe in the
> > first place)
>
> So for all us Outlook users, if we hit Reply-All (like I just did to
> the To: dialog but includes talk@openstreetmap.org in the CC field...
> It's not a problem with the way the list is configured?

nope, a decent email client is supposed to have to following:
1) reply to sender -> reply to from adress (or contents of reply-to header
                      if present)
2) reply to all -> reply to every adress present
3) reply to list -> reply to value of list-post header

problem with outlook is that it lacks reply-to-list AFAIK (probably because
the built-in approximation of an email list in exchange groupware is a
shared folder with 'discussion' items, not an actual list)
--
Cheers, Cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis)