Cobaco wrote:

> nope, a decent email client is supposed to have to following:
> 1) reply to sender -> reply to from adress (or contents of
> reply-to header
>                       if present)
> 2) reply to all -> reply to every adress present
> 3) reply to list -> reply to value of list-post header
>
> problem with outlook is that it lacks reply-to-list AFAIK
> (probably because
> the built-in approximation of an email list in exchange
> groupware is a
> shared folder with 'discussion' items, not an actual list)

Does all email list software insert a list-post header? I'm on a
couple hosted with LSoft and a load with Yahoo and none of them seem
to, although that may be because they are all configured with the
Reply-To to be the list address already (as, I note, does
OSM-newbies). I ask as I was considering looking into writing an
add-in for the "reply to list" option for Outlook 2007 (which I
use), but if it will only work on the few lists I subscribe to
related to OSM (other than the Newbies one) then I'm not sure it is
worth the effort. I'd rather learn Perl and try and get the
[EMAIL PROTECTED] client to work more reliably on Vista <bg>.

Not that I'm too bothered, as long as I remember to check "To"
before clicking "Send" (this reply almost went to cobaco only).

Ed