On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 2:26 PM,  <marcus.wolsc...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 20 May 2009 14:04:36 +0100, Radomir Cernoch
> <radomir.cern...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> MP píše v St 20. 05. 2009 v 14:16 +0200:
>>> I wonder, can we have at some place (wiki?) some definition file that
>>> will specify these per-country default limits in some machine-readable
>>> way?
>>
>> Yes, surely! My personal idea of "best solution" is to use the Semantic
>> wiki, because it provides both machine-readable and human-readable
>> format in one place.
>

> Agreed. This sounds like a very good idea.

I think it sounds like a terrible idea.

A) We have a geo-database for geographic information
B) We have a wiki for project-support information

Why would this particular geo-data not live in the Geodatabase?

Let's take the very first bit of the example:

country(cz) {

How can I tell if a particular way is in the country "cz"? Maybe I
need a lookup table that gives me a list of coordinates to specificy
the boundary of that country. Should this be in the wiki too? Do we
have somewhere better for storing lists of coordinates?

So let's make the assumption we have an object (I'm guessing a
relation would be handy) for each country explaining where it is. Now
if only there was a way of assigning attributes to the country to hold
information that applied to that country. Geez, maybe we could allow
tags on relations?

Hmmm. Or maybe we should ditch the whole geo-db idea and just put
everything into a wonderful Semantic Wiki.

Cheers,
Andy