Hi!

Martin Koppenhoefer schrieb:
> there was some intensive discussion on this topic involving some
> archeologists as well. There are some scientific activists in Germany
> who like to contribute to OSM with their professional knowledge, who
> confirmed, that "burg" ist a specific term with no English equivalent
> (and says in professional context "burg" is used even in English
> conferences to refer to this type of building).

This may be true from an archeological point of view, but a tag does not
have to be a scientifically exact term.

Most common tags are not exact matches (e.g. motorway, secondary) or
even need looking up in the wiki or a template before you can use them
(tracktype=grade3).

If we can make non-scientific tags work everywhere else why deviate for
building types?

bye
        Nop