2009/7/29 John Smith <delta_foxt...@yahoo.com>:
>> Or as a less practical example take two ways that cross one
>> another
>> (one may be a bridge or tunnel), one officially belonging
>> to county A
>> or postcode A and the other to B.
>
> Exactly, you wouldn't need to split the way, by having a boundary it could be
> calculated which part would be within which area.

No no, I wasn't talking about ways crossing a postcode area boundary.
Just two ways crossing one another belonging entirely to different
divisions each and where do you invent the boundary then.  Possibly
this is not found in Australia but you'll sometimes find the division
of highways into counties is not 100% geographical and postcodes quite
often isn't.

Cheers