Frederik Ramm wrote:
> ... But I really need people familiar
> with the region who tell me that they are reasonably sure that the edits
> are bogus.

If it helps, I've just looked at a selection of 20 of the 60 ways edited
in changeset 2308178 by RR8.  This covers north Nottinghamshire in
England.  One edit looks possibly correct (a road number has been
continued from an adjacent stretch of road; it's possible that that that
could be legitimate, the other 19 edits do not look likely to be valid.

I've added an entry to the table in
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/GB_revert_request_log
as that's been suggested as a way of keeping track of requests.

I've looked at a smaller number of ways in other changesets by RR8 in
the surrounding area (Derby / Notts / Sheffield).  All look similarly
suspect.

 > Just because someone made bogus edits in Iceland doesn't
 > automatically mean he's messing up Ireland as well etc.

It certainly looks like he/she/it is messing up Northern England.

Cheers,
Andy