From: "Dave F." <dave...@madasafish.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 12:43:40
Cc: <talk@openstreetmap.org>
Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] SteveC should decide

Richard Fairhurst wrote:
> Gervase Markham wrote:
>
>> e.g. maxspeed=no is the same as maxspeed=infinite
Although technically correct (some autobahns?) it seems positively
dangerous to label as such. (no).

> oneway=no is useful for highway types which would usually imply oneway=yes:
> highway=motorway, highway=motorway_link and junction=roundabout. The
> southern A601(M), that bonkers sliproad on the M50, and (depending on
> interpretation) the Swindon Magic Roundabout are UK examples of each case
> where two-way traffic is permitted.

Richard

Do you know where are the Motorway Ends signs are located in you examples?

OS define the links as M*  classification, but Google shows them as A* & B*.

http://osm.org/go/evhVzyiB

http://osm.org/go/euwqKRNL

I interpret the the Magic Roundabout as separate lanes as there are
central reservations.
Which, I believe, is how you mapped it (?)
http://osm.org/go/eumbs5che--

I notice in the relation for the MR, the wiki tag has the title of the
relevant page.
I've been using the URL. Is there a reason I shouldn't?

Cheers
Dave F.