On Monday 30 November 2009 15:24:02 Steve Bennett wrote:
> Incidentally, what's the best way to map "nothing". Big, empty blocks on
> the fringes of the city. Again, I want to distinguish between unmapped and
> unoccupied. Some of them may be farms/agistment, some may be "greenfield",
> some might be crown land, some might be owned but unoccupied.
>
> (Or maybe I worry too much about white space...)
>
> Steve

Map what you can verify:
* Often these are expanses of grass with the occasional bush -> landuse=grass
* They can be expanses of shrubland -> natural=shrub

Of course if you know it is greenfield/farmland there are landuse tags for
that.

If you really don't know what it is and can't describe it, then don't tag it.

--
m.v.g.,
Cartinus