On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 8:10 AM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot...@gmail.com>wrote:

> 2009/12/6 SteveC <st...@asklater.com>:
> > By letting them know FUD and BS will be shot down.
>
> And you are coming off just as unrational as you are claiming they are
> being and not helping fence sitters one bit.
>
> If you want a dictatorship on the matter say so, otherwise you or
> others wanting the change need to address the critics in a reasonable
> and rational manner, otherwise no one will see a point in the change
> other than because you said it should happen otherwise you'll attack
> them in which case the devil you know is better than the devil you
> don't.

Steve,

I have to agree with John. Fence sitter or not, Ulf has raised a point which
has not been answered till now. More importantly, mappers like me who
contribute everyday and are not part of OSMF have no clue about what this
is. Now that this discussion is so openly in the talk forum, I think an
answer is in order. One liner jibes aimed at Ulf and Frederick are not
helping things.

Just pointing us to the Wiki page may not be enough because most people
(like me) wont understand complicated copyright laws and will make neither
head nor tail of a technical discussion.

Regards,
Shalabh