Steve,

SteveC wrote:
>> How is insulting people going to help things?
>
> By letting them know FUD and BS will be shot down.

I understand that most statements you are responding to seem stupid,
unnecessary or inappropriate to you. You might even think that those who
posted them should really know better.

But please take into account that many people reading this know much
less than you do about the license change. Also, most people here don't
know you, either. Your mails to OSM-talk might be their first impression
of you. They also might be their first impression of the Foundation and
the ODbL switch.

You can't expect them to invest a lot of time to understand
international copyright and database law. For them, it's all about trust
- do they trust the calmly worded concerns (that sound perfectly valid
to them, even if they in fact are BS - which isn't true for all of them,
either, many are legitimate) or that angry guy who keeps telling them
it's all nonsense?