2010/1/9 Martin Siegel <martin.sie...@sdas.de>:
> straight line on the map. Now imagine someone wanted to draw a straight
> line between these two points and does this in an editor using the same

Before making assumptions on the editor, what about assumptions on the
data source, are we talking GPS or hi-res imagery? Neither of which
use mercator projections...

If we are assuming GPS, then it's irrelevent, since you are plotting
from lat/lon to lat/lon, if it's hi-res imagery it would still be
lat/lon...

The GPS data may look bent, which may lead to people adding extra
nodes unnessicarily, but this is a perception thing, not one that has
more or less benefit in this.