On 3 June 2010 01:04, <si...@mungewell.org> wrote:

> > The point is people are consistently told OSM IDs shouldn't be
> > considered as unique as the object could be deleted/merged/whatever
> > and so the previous ID is no longer valid even if the object exists
> > with other IDs.
>
> How can you counter-act this? If I'm mapping I try and keep nodes intact
and edit the tagging to preserve the ID and history, but there are cases
where this can't happen. For example I know a map that closed and got
removed from the map (it looked like it would be converted to houses rather
than re opened), but it reopened and I had to add it as a new node.

If you want a QR code, I understand these are usually(always?) just internet
URLs converted into a 2D barcode. For this you can use
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/125847545

--
Gregory
o...@livingwithdragons.com