On 25 June 2010 00:22, David Paleino <da...@debian.org> wrote:
> And I still haven't read why you think this is better, apart from rendering
> issues.
>
> As Andy said, the burden of demonstrating the goodness of a change is up to
> who
> wants to make that change.

I've been following this thread and I've seen the back and forth, but
the argument for/against routing seems pointless because *_link roads
aren't usually very long so I can't see how it would effect anything.

Same goes for rendering, regardless who wins this debate the other
side will just end up tagging how they think things should be
rendered.

I can see a point for motorway_links, these are a specific sort of
road, but the same thing does hold true for other roads, unless they
were simply meant to imply oneway=yes, lanes=1 kind of thing, but I
doubt they're currently rendered in that way.