On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 2:21 PM, Lester Caine <les...@lsces.co.uk> wrote:

> Anthony wrote:
>>
>> You could always have highway=link.
>>
> But some links ARE motorway rules and some ARE trunk road so just saying
> link does not work.

I guess, but now you're using a different definition of *_link.  Not
"tag-for-higher" nor "tag-for-lower", but "tag-based-on-the-rules".  That's
excellent if we can come up with some good definitions for what those rules
are.

>  But IMO, it's not a big enough deal to bother changing.
>>
> There is a lot of good detail already mapped that does not need changing.
> Just using as it was intended.

Right now the definition of motorway_link is a link road between a motorway
and another road.  There's no mention of a requirement that the road be
subject to "motorway rules".  And whether or not the link road is connected
to a motorway is something that is inherent in the nodes/ways themselves.
 So there's no detail which wouldn't be given by highway=link.