My point is that OSM Mapnik layer (or any other map rendering) is not The
Truth and we should try to avoid adjusting the underlying data just in order
to fix issues like the ones you mentioned. Renderers will improve with time
to be able to better handle such things. And they will behave differently,
so data that seems beautified for one would not be so nice for the other.

And as you said: if you really want a proffesional-like rendering, you can
always render it yourself, produce a vector map and do the manual
postprocessing afterwards.

Igor

 -On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 11:16 AM, Richard Mann <