Liz <edodd <at> billiau.net> writes:

>so how do *you* summarise adding POIs and side streets and putting in maxspeed
>along a hundred km of highway?
>
>because i just put in the name of where i have been, that's all.

I'd also mention how I found the data - spotted from the car window as I drove
past, or painstakingly surveyed on foot?  That can help someone else if they
need to verify the exact position of some post box to the nearest metre, or
whatever.

So I would say 'POIs from car window driving through X' or 'mapping trip on foot
to X'.

(You could instead tag source=survey;survey=foot or something equally Byzantine
on every single object, but nobody is pedantic enough to do that.  So a short
note in plain English on the changeset helps.)

--
Ed Avis <e...@waniasset.com>