On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 11:47 PM, David Groom <revi...@pacific-rim.net>wrote:

> b) Ignoring the Yahoo data, but taking any data that may have had a PD or
> CC-BY-SA clause that has be used in import, since these are general
> permissions given and they do not explicitly mention granting rights to use
> in OSM, I cant possible agree that I have EXPLICIT permission to use them. I
> have permission by virtue of they are PD or CC-BY-SA, but not EXPLICIT
> permission to do so.

David, I don't think that CC-BY-SA is compatible with ODbL, nor with the
Contributor Terms.  If you have added content that is licensed under
CC-BY-SA you cannot agree to the Contrbutor Terms.

I'm sure you know that but your statement above suggests that CC-BY-SA is
compatible with OBdL and CT.  It is not.

80n