  From: 80n
  To: David Groom
  Cc: Cartinus ; talk@openstreetmap.org
  Sent: Friday, August 13, 2010 9:11 AM
  Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] Voluntary re-licensing begins

  On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 11:47 PM, David Groom <revi...@pacific-rim.net> wrote:

    b) Ignoring the Yahoo data, but taking any data that may have had a PD or
CC-BY-SA clause that has be used in import, since these are general permissions
given and they do not explicitly mention granting rights to use in OSM, I cant
possible agree that I have EXPLICIT permission to use them. I have permission
by virtue of they are PD or CC-BY-SA, but not EXPLICIT permission to do so.

  David, I don't think that CC-BY-SA is compatible with ODbL, nor with the
Contributor Terms.  If you have added content that is licensed under CC-BY-SA
you cannot agree to the Contrbutor Terms.

  I'm sure you know that but your statement above suggests that CC-BY-SA is
compatible with OBdL and CT.  It is not.

  80n