On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 9:14 AM, David Murn <da...@incanberra.com.au> wrote:
> Failing that, maybe its time that more people started doing what Im
> doing.  Im quite an active mapper, as its something I enjoy doing with
> my time.  What Ive been doing for the past couple of months, is only
> making minor edits live, but for larger edits Im still doing my mapping
> but storing my edits in a collection of .osm files.
> Once all the licence issues are resolved and we know whether projects
> will be forked or our data removed, then Ill start dumping all my edits
> back in.  Ive also tried working on parts of New Zealand, but have come
> up against a brick wall as there is an import partially in progress
> (almost all roads, and lots of other POI bits).. but will not be
> completed until the licence is resolved, so basically an entire
> countries mapping is on-hold.  Once the issues are resolved, I have no
> doubt there are lots of mappers in my position who have lots of new data
> to upload.

I don't think that's such a great idea, because someone else may end
up making that change for you (then there was wasted effort on your
part), or more likely you will face conflicts when uploading because
the data has changed so much since then.

I've decided to just ignore the CTs for now, and continue to operate
under CC BY-SA. Others are doing this to, and you could too, assuming
you haven't agreed to the CTs and you don't actually plan to sit
around after the complete license transition. I'm yet to hear from
anyone in my local community who is vocal against this practice so I'm
not inclined to stop.