At 2010-12-17 01:22, Toby Murray wrote:
The source is documented in both the changeset comments and on the nodes themselves. I saw a conversation on IRC to the effect that the data is indeed PD so there don't seem to be any worries on that front at least.

Really? I read the "about" page at ourairports.com and there is no mention of reproduction rights one way or the other, except that every page has the footer "Copyright © 2007–2010 by Megginson Technologies Ltd."

That aside, did someone discuss how accurate/timely the data is supposed to be? In the US, the FAA is a reasonably accurate and timely (monthly) source of information. If ourairports.com aggregates multiple timely sources, I could see the value in an ongoing import from them, but keep in mind that there are other sites that do the same thing, who might should be considered as well.

--
Alan Mintz <alan_mintz+...@earthlink.net>