Anthony-6 wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 7:00 AM, Richard Fairhurst <rich...@systemed.net>
> wrote:
>> Yes, if you try
>> and use Potlatch to show several thousand objects you are certifiably
>> insane. If you want to work in a JOSM-like manner, use JOSM!
>
> Good points.  I think that's a big part of it.  I tend to mostly do
> close up micromapping, where only having a screenful of data loaded
> into memory is quite advantageous.

I see JOSM as the AutoWikiBrowser of OSM.

One issue I have is this: I often import selected ways (such as railways) in
an area from xapi and then edit them, adding new ones and deleting bad ones.
(On upload if I deleted something that's referenced by a non-downloaded
object I get a conflict.) But if I then download a tiny area using the
normal api, I can no longer delete anything outside that small box. I
couldn't find an option to turn this off; is there one?