On 16 June 2011 16:55, Thomas Davie <tom.da...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If we convince them to release under PD, then we can take their work and then
> license it as ODbL, so not wanting their work licensed ODbL precludes
> releasing under PD.

Notwithstanding the fact that much of the reasoning here would not be
out of place in the Vatican...

If there are mappers who would happily tick a box saying something
like: "I authorise absolutely anybody to use the data I have
contributed in any way that pleases them", but who prefer not to tick
the one we currently have for the CT, and if such an additional box
would stand up legally, then sure, why the hell not?

A former president of Ireland managed to fudge his oath of office and
finally take his seat in Parliament through a broadly similar stunt.

Dermot