NopMap <ekkeh...@gmx.de> schrieb:

>Hi!
>

>Frederik Ramm wrote:
>>
>> Well there was an announcement on 14th June on this list and others
>by
>> Mike Collinson saying that "we intend to move to phase 4 this Sunday
>> 19th June or as soon after as is technically practical".
>>
>> For anyone who had already agreed, this date passed unnoticed. What
>> exactly did you miss - would you have liked another email that said
>"ok,
>> we've really implemented it now"?
>>

>Yes, exactly. As you properly quoted "or as soon..." makes this
>statement
>rather vague.

I have read that to mean "We will switch to phase 4 unless there are technical
problems."

>Frederik Ramm wrote:
>>
>> Given that the clear intent to switch to phase 4 on Sunday was widely
>
>> published, was that not enough?
>>

>A clear no to this. "We intend to ... or maybe later" contains no
>statement
>about whether anything has happened.
>
>I believe you noted the guesses and questions on the matter in the
>German
>forum yesterday, the question on this list...

How difficult is it to guess what happened if you have read the above
announcement and on the following day you can not upload anymore and
coincidentally you have declined the CTs?

Or is anyone saying "I know they intended ro switch to pase 4, but, when I
could not upload I did not realize they really did."?

If someone did not read the original announcement he probably would not read
the next one neither.

Matthias