On Mon, 2011-06-20 at 01:40 -0700, NopMap wrote:
> Frederik Ramm wrote:
> >
> > Well there was an announcement on 14th June on this list and others by
> > Mike Collinson saying that "we intend to move to phase 4 this Sunday
> > 19th June or as soon after as is technically practical".
> >
> > For anyone who had already agreed, this date passed unnoticed. What
> > exactly did you miss - would you have liked another email that said "ok,
> > we've really implemented it now"?
> >

> Yes, exactly. As you properly quoted "or as soon..." makes this statement
> rather vague.
>

> Frederik Ramm wrote:
> >
> > Given that the clear intent to switch to phase 4 on Sunday was widely
> > published, was that not enough?
> >

> A clear no to this. "We intend to ... or maybe later" contains no statement
> about whether anything has happened.

This commit (tagged "live") is a clear statement:
http://git.openstreetmap.org/rails.git/commit/0a81411e68102cd8a755744bd4a1e2f6eafad549

I can see your point, but:
More communication means a lot of additional work and is not something I would
expect from those who handle the other parts.

> What's more, there's also no hint on how to (not) proceed with re-mapping
> data, as you suggested yourself, which will probably make things worse real
> soon now.

Quoting
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/2011-June/058727.html

Michael Collinson wrote:
> I would emphasise there is currently no need to remove data from the
> live database since the license is still CC-BY-SA. I believe there is no
> urgency to do so until acceptances have been maximised, local issues
> that have a near term solution have been addressed and there is a sense
> of community consensus that it is time.

I think "remove" is part of "re-map" and I agree we should wait "until
acceptances have been maximised". Especially as it is not clear yet how to
handle objects with mixed CC-only/CC+CT history.
That is kind of vague, but I would not want to be nailed down to any old
guesstimated numbers later. Waiting until we feel that "it is time" is fine
with me.

Mitja