On Mon, 2011-06-20 at 06:55 -0700, Richard Fairhurst wrote:

> Ok. How do you fancy volunteering to be the person who posts the concrete
> information, then?
>
> You seem to be under the impression that magic communication fairies will
> crop up and make everything ok. It doesn't work like that. Everyone here is
> a volunteer. If you're not happy with the effort that other volunteers are
> making, you should volunteer yourself.

Maybe you dont understand the role of office-bearers of a 'non-profit'
foundation.  Sure, they are volunteers, but if they dont have the time
to do the job they volunteered for properly, then it only hurts the
community they claim to serve.

We're not asking the volunteers to write a novel for each statement they
make during a meeting, we're asking them to document clearly and
concisely what they decide and what they actually do at meetings instead
of documenting major decisions or action items with a 3 or 4 word
summary note in the minutes.

Maybe if the role of communication by volunteers is such a major burden,
an individual could even take on a paid role with the foundation to be a
community liason officer so that we the community know what the
foundation is upto and how/why they make the decisions they do.

David