Am 31.08.2011 02:19, schrieb Ian Sergeant:

I think the strategy to remove all non-CT compliant data in one big bang is flawed.

I don't know of anybody who has proposed such a strategy (well at least nobody serious about the matter). It is clear, at the very end, there will be some automated deletes, but with some exceptions these should be very limited in scope. But will probably include cleaning objects that are in principle CTs compliant, but have had edits that are not, there is work going on on the German forum to define a reasonable rule set for that.

Right -now- the best thing to do is:

- contact mappers that haven't agreed or disagreed to the CTs (see http://odbl.poole.ch). Worldwide we still have a good 60% of pre-CT mappers that haven't reacted to now, with some effort that can be halved.

- use the license status tools in Potlatch and JOSM when you are editing anyway to only leave compliant data after an edit (for example by not moving non-compliant nodes in a way, but by replacing them). This is naturally assuming that you have tracks and other information to allow you to do this.

- ignore trolling by JohnSmith

Simon