Павел Фомин <pavel...@yandex.ru> wrote on 01/09/2011 09:24:30 PM:

> What about this case:
> v1 is CT-compliant.
> v2 adds a new tag and is not CT-compliant.
> Then, v3 changes this tag and adds a bunch of other tags.
> Will these other tags be considered compliant?

This highlights one of the issues.  The v3 may or not be derived, and
telling whether it is will depend on a curious blend of logical
heuristics, subsequent human evaluation combined with an assessment
against developing multi-national legal precedents.  At the end of the day
we may choose to radically include a v3 object where all non-CT-compliant
tags have been overwritten or removed, or we may conservatively choose to
remove anything that has a possibility of being tainted by an earlier
revision.

If the v3 editor can optionally just modify the v1 CT-compliant version of
the object, then the problem is minimised, and the task simplified.

Ian.