David Earl writes:
 > It would help to know that email is bouncing.

We should put out a press release stating that if anyone values their
copyright so little that they have not maintained a working email
address, their copyright interest will be transferred to the OSMF
(yes, I realize, creator's rights & all that).

If they don't like that, they are welcome to update their email
address.  If they don't care, why should we?

If they try to initiate a copyright suit, we declare their
contribution to be a collective work. As such, any one of us can
license the work under any license we want as long as the royalties
from the sales (of which there will be none) are distributed equitably
among the contributors to the collective work. We offer them a flat
fee of $15 as the royalties for their work licensed under the OdBL.

Anybody who doesn't want to accept the fee is welcome to waste their
money suing the OSMF for a different royalty scheme (which would, if
they won, result in their receiving even LESS money). This legal
theory has not been tested in court as far as I know, however it would
be an expensive case for both parties, and the $15 starts to look much
more attractive than losing a court case. It's even more attractive
than winning.

Crynwr supports open source software
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315-600-8815
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  |     Sheepdog