I've started to remap an area that I don't know from first-hand
experience, as it's got a particularly high concentration of data that
was mapped by a decliner.  I'm remapping it from Bing (deleting old
data and re-tracing it) which means that I lose the road names.  I
don't think this is particularly satisfactory, I'm just doing it so
there won't be a gap from the switchover date.

I've realized from doing this (and from guessing I won't be the only
remapper working this way) that it might be worth re-instating the
"noname" option to the slippy map, for a period around the changeover
date (perhaps from around now, until remapping has largely been done).

Any thoughts on this?

__John