2012/9/19 Jean-Marc Liotier <j...@liotier.org>:
> the cadastre integration process represents such an amount of manual
> processing that some of those who did it took understandable personal
> offense that their work could be seen as just another botched mass import.
> If their input can be taken into account in the drafting of an inclusive
> policy covering massive edits, I'm sure that we'll soon be over that
> episode.

I'd like to raise another question in this context: citing the source.
It seems that you generally apply the source-tag to the osm object
instead of the changeset comment, but I'd propose to do it the other
way round. There are already tens of millions of objects in the db
with related source-tags
http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/search?q=source+%3D+cadastre-dgi-fr
and putting it into the changeset comment could possibly reduce the
size of the objects tables in the db.

This leads also to another question: how should a mapper deal with
these source tags when he applies modifications to the object?

cheers,
Martin