Le 18/09/2012 23:24, Lester Caine a écrit :
Marc Sibert wrote:
Again, I'm not a vandal : I do not detroy any work (and nobody complains about that), I just "update" data (replace), that is not the point why my account was
blocked !

So, what have you done in my case ?

It is your opinion that you have not destroyed any work, but this is one of the major complaints about this type of import process. The EXISTING data has been destroyed, and that is historic data that is now lost. When a new import comes out will you again destroy this one and upload the new one? If some one has gone through and added all the missing address and other details how will you link that to the new import? Are you sure that no one has added some extra data which has been delete this time?

I respond the point in my previous message.

What is missing with this type of import is any mechanism to link to the past history and THAT is my complaint and one of the points of the guide line - you have destroyed data - just as you have with other edits you have done where you have deleted objects with several years history and replaced them with a new object.

I remember a few months before, I use to destroy way and *replace* them with brand new nodes & data in order to pass thru the "redaction bot", and you are saying history is important ? LOLOLOLOLOL !
What we need in order to PROPERLY import this data is a unique ID for each element in the source data that is maintained by the originator of the data, so that when an 'update' arrives, the new data can be correctly matched to that already contained in the OSM database.
Uniq ID ? LOLOLOL again ! Tell me what appends when I cut a way in 2 peaces : a part keep the old ID and the other get a new one without *any* link with the previous one. In fact, do you ever contribute ? Do you realy know how OSM (and primary keys) works ? (just kidding). By the way history is still in diff files.

All your arguments are sensless !

So with regards the 'import guidelines' do you still think you have complied with them? In some peoples eyes you probably have, but in others some useful historic data has been lost. I'm in the second camp ...

Please explain me what the guidelines are protecting from : in *my* (and no other) case I have still no answer. So I still do not consider "guidelines".
"Same player, try again..."

Regards,

--
Marc Sibert