I'm off to bed but would just like to respond to this one before I do.

Tordanik wrote:
> On 25.09.2012 19:11, Richard Fairhurst wrote:
> > - search-and-replace tag changes
> > - automated geometry fixup
> > - reverting edits
>
> In my opinion, none of that (if performed though editing software
> on a moderate amount of data) is something that should require
> the same amount of discussion and bureaucracy as a country-
> wide import.

Hang on, you've got this completely wrong.

There is no extra discussion involved in this proposal. No extra
bureaucracy. None. This proposal is _purely_ about how edits (that are
already happening) are flagged up.

The proposal is just to add two extra tags, on the changeset, that permit
extra visibility. It's not much. I run a revert bot
(http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/General%20Dreedle) and would be very
happy to add one line of Perl to add these tags and thereby flag up "this is
an automated edit". It doesn't seem onerous to me.

And no - this isn't intended to hit restoring a single way via P1 (while it
still exists) or whatever. Though I have to admit I'm rather flattered that
Jochen has admitted to using Potlatch. ;)

cheers
Richard