One thing I would like to hear about in this context of this discussion,
are examples of concrete use cases that are not happening because of
share alike and that are in general things that the community would like
to support (so not "evil corp can't take the data now and keep it").
Concrete in the sense that they are uses that really would happen if
share alike would be dropped, not "we can build a straw man that shows
how bad share alike is".

Example: one of the classical straw men is that government GIS offices
over the whole world would wide spread directly take OSM data and
integrate it in to their own official datasets, if you believe that, I
have a number of bridges that I would like to sell :-). The more
realistic scenario  is that difference between their data and OSM would
trigger a resurvey on their side, which is already totally OK.

Simon